Monday, October 10, 2011

wannabe foodie review of the Stone House in Redmond

Well I took a mini vacay from blogging.  Thursday night we had homemade minestrone soup, which I thought would be blog worthy, but I just didn't get around to it.  I'll have to post that one some other time.

On Friday night, thanks to (miynah) grandma and (bampa) grandpa, Jon and I got to go out on a really fantastic date.  A while ago we had bought a coupon for a restaurant called The Stone House on Restaurant.com because it looked interesting and the chef looked promising.  They source all their ingredients locally, the beef is grass fed, the produce is organic, and the seafood comes from fisherman's pier every morning.   From his little blurb on the website the chef sounded really passionate about food and he looked like he had quite a lot of experience in the industry.  The reviews for this place were also awesome.

If you ever get a chance to go.  GO!!  I'll be honest, the starter that we got (baked brie, apricot butter, andouille sausage, and a baguette) was good, but it wasn't out of this world, but the entrees.....  Oh my gosh.  Best food I've ever had in my life.  Best.  Food.  EVER!! 

I ordered the roast duck breast with roasted squash, braised brussel sprout leaves, chanterelle mushrooms, sweet potato puree, balsamic reduction.  Oh my gosh.  The flavors were fantastic and the duck was cooked and seasoned perfectly.  Gah.  So good.  I've never had better duck.  Yum.

Jon's entree was even better than mine!  He had a chili encrusted steak (I am pretty sure it was a filet mignon from what I remember of the menu) with red pepper coulis, cilantro butter, broccolini and cheddar mashed potatoes.  Gah.  Absolutely out of this world.  It had so much flavor, the steak was so perfectly cooked and everything went together so well.  Jon kept getting this unearthly look on his face whenever he took a bite.  It was pretty funny to watch him eating.  Hee hee! 

The picture is terrible sorry.  We were too excited to eat and I didn't want the food to get cold while I got the perfect shot!

Oh and don't be fooled.  The plate was gigantic.  We were both actually quite full by the time our desserts came out.

The atmosphere of this place was really cute.  The restaurant is in an almost century old stone house.  I guess it's one of the pioneer houses of redmond.  The setting was intimate and casual and the staff were incredibly friendly.  The service was great.  You kind of feel like you're sitting down for a dinner party at a friend's house. 

So yeah, we can't say enough.  It was amazing.  The desserts weren't half bad either.   Jon had bananas foster bread pudding and I had their house made donuts (I don't think they should be called donuts, it's too plain).  Wish I had taken pics of those.

We've been to our share of fancy restaurants for fun special occasions and this one was by far the best and was one of the least expensive fine dining experiences we've had.  For us it's definitely not a place we can go to often, but if I can get my hands on another restaurant.com coupon when the next sale comes around, we'll probably be going back there.  Mmmmm... Seriously people.  Try it. 

Oh, and make reservations.  You can just walk in, but we saw 3 or 4 groups try to walk in without reservations on Friday and after being told how long the wait was most left.  One group stuck around and waited, good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment