Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pad Thai

Tonight I decided to try my hand at Pad Thai.  I got the recipe from my aunt.  It turned out....okay.  I think that my tamarind paste may be less than fantastic, because the last time I tried making something using the tamarind paste it was also lack luster. 

Something else that probably also contributed to the "Eh" status of our Pad Thai tonight was that
a)I'm not feeling well and so
b) I didn't have all the right condiments/toppings  - green onions, peanuts, cilantro, bean sprouts
c) I didn't add the chili sauce to the base sauce because I thought I would be serving it to the little ones who love noodles

This may lead you to think, "Now why on earth would you even try making a dish like this when you don't have half the ingredients?"
 Yes, I know.  That's a completely valid argument, however I thought it would turn out alright because most of the time when I see or order Pad Thai at Thai restaurants they don't have most of those things on top of the pad thai, or I don't add them from the little condiment plate. 

NO excuses though, next time I will be prepared!

But you should try this and tell me how it goes.  My aunt loves it and I'm sure if you follow the recipe exactly with all the ingredients you'll have better luck than I did.  All the people who reviewed it on the website gave rave reviews, so I'm sure it's better when you actually follow the recipe properly.  Oh and make sure you get a good tamarind paste.  I might try to actually go to an asian food store for mine next time instead of buying the only one available in the asian section of my grocery store.

Here's the recipe.

Pad Thai just click the title to see it!


Stir frying.


The noodles before being added to the wok.

pretty much done.


It was decent, but it could have been 5 stars instead of 3.5



In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Dear God,
 please bless our little growing family and teach us all to love you with our whole hearts, minds, and souls and to constatnly seek you throughout the day.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment