Monday, November 14, 2011

Pesto Meatballs

This recipe came about because I wanted meatballs, and I wanted them with pasta, but I didn't want them with tomato sauce.   (I can't remember if I was pregnant when I concoted this recipe, but that sounds like a pregnant train of thought.  The fact that I can't remember also lends a compelling argument for the timing of this recipe creation.  Ha ha!)  I figured meatballs with alfredo sauce would be too weird, so by process of elimination, pesto was left!  Honestly, I was pretty skeptical that this would turn out okay because I don't think I had ever heard of a peso meatball before.  At that point I hadn't looked for a recipe on the internet.  In fact, I didn't actually look for pesto meatballs until the ones I made had already been eaten.  I did find some recipes for them, so I'm not that orginal (darn!).

So if you google pesto meatball recipe I'm sure you'll be able to find other recipes for this.  They might be better, I don't honestly know.  I do know that we like these, and I make them every other time I buy a huge container of basil. 


Pesto Meatballs

Ingredients
1lb ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup onions minced
1/3 cup pesto sauce RECIPE HERE
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp black pepper
1tsp salt

Method
1.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  I think it's best when you mix with your hands, but a wooden spoon should work as well.


All ready to go into the oven!

 2.  Form the meat mixture into balls.  The ones I made were probably 2 inches in diameter, maybe a bit larger. 

3.  Bake the meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until there is no more pink inside. 

Serve with pasta and more pesto sauce! 


In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Dear Heavenly Father,
  please bless the father of my friend Cory.  Bring him healing and bring comfort to his family.  Amen.

1 comment: