Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chile Colorado Con Carne

Tonight's post will be short.  I've spent the day dealing with a puking toddler who doesn't like to rehydrate.  Bah.....so....tired...


So I sort of revisited a new favorite.  Remember the red enchiladas?  Well I went in that direction, but we used beef tonight.  On the back of the New Mexico Chile powder packet I saw a recipe for Chile Colorado, so I did some searching online and found this recipe

Authentic Mexican Chile Colorado con Carne


Browning the beef.

After I added the pureed chiles in.  After this it was simmered for an hour and a half.

The finished product on my homemade tortillas.  Yum!


It looked easy enough and I had the right ingredients so I thought I'd try it.  Jon picked up some stew meat on his way home from work and two hours later we had an amazing dinner.  Jon agreed when I said, "It's restaurant quality good" after the first bite.  You'll have to try it and tell us if you agree. 

The only comments I'd make about the recipe are that when he says that you might have to add extra liquid, you will have to add it for sure!  I probably added another cup of water at least to make sure it didn't get too thick.  I also simmered it for about the right amount of time he specifies and the meat was nice and tender.  Good recipe! 

I think when you order Chile Colorado in restaurants it's usually served with rice and beans, but we just had it tonight with tortillas and some homemade guacamole (avocado, cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice, sometimes jalapeno, whizzed together).  We're really getting attached to the red chile sauces around here. 

Try it out!

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Dear God,
  thank you for giving us natural remedies for toddler sicknesses.  Please help my little girl get over her stomach bug quickly.  Thanks Lord!  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment