Monday, July 30, 2012

Snack. Done that.

Okay, so I am not exactly trying out tons of new recipes and tweaking them at the moment.   I am however loving the stuff I've found on pinterest lately.  I've also been talking to a lot about homemade snacks with friends recently.  I think it's probably a product of being out and about with the children so frequently this summer.  Yay for hiking and play dates!  So I guess I'll share some great snacky recipes that I've tried in this blog post.

So in the last little while I've made:

Homemade Lara Bars

Spiced Cocoa Roasted Almonds (Warning!  These are ridiculously addicting.  Even the kids love them with the extra spice!)
I add the full amount of cayenne and reduce the sugars to 1/4c and they still taste great!

Lemon Zucchini Muffins (same recipe as the site except you pour the batter into a muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes).  I didn't make the glaze.

and

I made these Chewy Granola Bars not too long ago.  They were a favorite of ours when Clare was about 1 year old, but now I just find them ridiculously sweet.  I use honey instead of corn syrup, but still it was painful.  I think I'll probably try this again and halfing the brown sugar and honey.  Either that or trying another recipe for power bars I saw a while ago.

Pinterest is really fun.  Hopefully I'll have more to show for my pinning soon.  The creative juices have really been flowing, but until the little guy gets on a regular napping schedule (please Lord soon!), then this will have to suffice.  Have you found any great whole food snack recipes lately?


In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Dear Heavenly Father,
  thank you for the gift of nature.  Truly, the world is the first evangelist for your wonders and glory.  Every time we see a snow capped mountain, raging river, or quiet forest help us to have a sense of awe and wonder while remembering you, our God, who made them.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment